Sunday, March 3, 2013

Trip to Utah

These are a few pictures of our trip to Utah. On the way to Jill's, we stopped at Temple Square. It was so neat! I've been there multiple times before, but this was the first time to get to experience it with my own little family. It was a completely different experience, and I had to try to keep my emotions under control the whole time. 






Rhett and I particularly liked the area in one of the buildings dedicated to service. This was a great quote that I wanted to remember:
"When we concern ourselves more with others, there is less time to be concerned with ourselves! . . . The more we serve our fellowmen in appropriate ways, the more substance there is to our souls. We become more significant individuals as we serve others. We become more substantive as we serve others--indeed, it is easier to 'find' ourselves because there is so much more of us to find."  Spencer W. Kimball

Claire got to go to preschool with Noah for a few hours, so Summer got to play with the play dough. Summer was being very careful not to mix the play dough colors. I was in the other room, and this is what she made. She was proud of her project, and proud for not mixing. I was proud of her work too!


Here's a snapshot of us ready to go on a walk to the park. I love it. I love Noah and Pyper smiling at each other. I wonder what people thought as they saw us all--with a wagon full of kids and a double stroller fully occupied . . . and a pregnant belly! What a sight!

Jill was such a good sport to push the girls on the swings for me. They loved it and begged for more. She had so much more energy than me. Thanks Jill!


It was wonderful getting to spend so much time with each other. And it was so fun to see the cousins interact and play together.

Jill, thanks for being a great hostess and letting us stay with you for the weekend. We loved it. And as Kronk from "The Emperor's New Groove" would say, "Let's not wait until the next family reunion to get together!"


No comments: