Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Introducing . . .

Basil Mary Barney
Born April 22, 2013 at 5:20 am
7 lbs 1 oz, 20.5 inches

First moments between Summer and Basil   

 Summer was the first to wake. She came bounding into the room to Rhett (having seen the midwife and her assistant-in-training first and being a little nervous), and then she saw Basil. Look at that excitement on her face. I love it.

 First moment between Claire and Basil
Claire came up next, a bit later. She pulled her hair out of her eyes and covered her mouth in excitement. She couldn't believe we had a new baby! All this talk and it finally came true! (She was the one who had always been the most interested in feeling Basil kick and roll around inside me. She would talk through my tummy to her and wait patiently for her to kick.)

First moments with Pyper and Basil 

 And Pyper woke up last. You can see the pure excitement in her face. The second picture was when she first touched Basil's head and was soooooo excited. "Ba ba! Ba ba!"


Claire loves holding Basil. She has held her multiple times since Basil was born.

A few pictures in the sun (from today--so two days old).

Here's one of Rhett and Basil. I love how it shows how tiny she is!

And finally, one of me and Basil. This was taken Monday night, with her first set of clothes on.

I'll save the long blog post of Basil's birth story for another day, but I wanted to get some pictures up before I headed to bed at 7:41pm.

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers, thoughts, and congratulations. We appreciate it all!

8 comments:

Katelyn Wray said...

love all the pictures but I think Pyper's are my favorite! So cute! Basil is adorable! I can't believe 4 girls!!

Maria said...

So precious! Love the one of Summer holding little Basil! I cant wait to get to have a skype session. Inara loved seeing the pictures.

Blatter said...

CONGRATS! So glad she made it here safely and I love the look on everyone's faces! Pyper's face, and hair, was priceless. I can just see sweet Claire talking to your tummy. Miss you guys! Can't wait until Kirk and Basil can meet someday! Hope you're recovering ok!

auntanne said...

One more beautiful healthy Barney girl. Did you notice the dark hair? Thanks for the great pictures

Mark said...

What a great blessing! We have basil in the cupboard, and now we have her in Liberty Lake too!

Jillyn said...

I love how you captured the girls' excitement in meeting their new baby sister. It is soooo cute! Okay, I cried when I saw them. :) She is chubby....well, chubby for your babies. I love it. Can't wait to meet her in person. We love you all!!!

Josh and Rach said...

Sweet Basil, you are adorable. That is so precious hearing about how excited all the girls are. Pippy's huge smile is priceless. Can't wait for more pics, and of course the birth story :)

Margo said...

Congrats. The girls look thrilled.