Wednesday, April 3, 2013

All From Today

These are all pictures taken today on my phone . . .

Pyper, after her bath, putting on Summer's clothes. She got Summer's underwear through one leg, and then got the pants leg almost half way up her arm.

Summer "resting in the sun." She was like this for almost ten minutes. For any of you who know Summer, you know it is rare for her to be holding still for longer than a few seconds. She is such a ball of energy, so it was fun to see her actually "relaxing."

Have I posted pictures of the girls being mermaids? I don't remember. They wrap up their bodies with their blankets, and then lay on the floor like they have tails. Well, today, Pyper wanted to be a mermaid. She brought me the blanket, I wrapped her up in it, then she plopped on the ground like this. The older two loved it.

I was cooking dinner, and when the timer beeped, Pyper took off running into the kitchen, she grabbed a hot pad, and then tried pulling on the oven door. She couldn't get it open--but still! Good thing I got there right after her!

While Claire, Pip, and I were finishing dinner, Summer jumped into the kitchen behind me dressed like this with her hands on her hips--and said, "Are you looking for this?!?" 
She was wearing a pink sweater over her dress earlier--I'm not sure where it ended up. But when she put it back on, she was looking for a pocket. There weren't any. Then she opened her sweater, showing me the insides, and said, "Look at all these pockets. I have a flashlight, and a screw driver, and some cucumbers in case someone gets hungry . . ." She kept listing off things that were in her imaginary pockets--a binky in case a baby cried, ice cream, a clock, etc. I think she got this idea from Backyardigans. And I think it's hilarious.

I love this picture. 

Her hair doesn't usually have much curl to it, but today, it naturally did this. I thought it was quite pretty.

 Of course, once Pippy saw Summer's dramatic entrance, and after she came across the same hat and glasses, she had to put them on too. 

I tried to get a few pictures of Claire doing some sign language. But sign language is hard to capture in a photo. It was a few weeks ago when she surprised me with a sign. I don't remember what it was, but I asked her what else she knew. She listed off a whole bunch! And signed them too! Airplane, potty, please, more, cat, book, etc. I was so surprised! I had no idea she knew them. I asked her where she learned sign language, and she said there's a book at her school that she and Teacher Paige look at. I was impressed . . . and excited that she was showing interest in something that she enjoyed.

I guess the good thing about "7 Days of Us" is that it actually gets me into the habit of posting more often than once or twice a month. We'll see how well I do after the new baby comes!

2 comments:

auntanne said...


Please keep them coming, I so enjoy them. THANKS

Mark said...

These girls have too much energy. I like the idea of enlisting the YW for help..... But one of these days they will be the YW..... and will provide the help. Sweet!