Sunday, March 11, 2012

Robot Mom

When I was little, I remember often one of us would be singing at the dinner table. Perhaps it was mostly Jill. She was the singer when we were little. Or perhaps it was more than just one of us? Because eventually, there came a rule of no singing at the table. And any time someone started, we would be sure to remind that person that there was a rule of no singing at the table.

Tonight at the dinner table, Claire asked if I was a robot. Summer answered before I could, "No. She is mom!" Claire countered back, "No, her is robot." I thought it would be funny to be a robot and eat my green beans, so I did. I beeped as I took a couple bites. Summer didn't find it funny at all. "No!" she yelled. "She is Momma!" Claire started to fight back when Rhett cut in. He has now banned any more talk of robots at the table.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Hahaha, you all crack me up! Love getting these little tidbits!

Margo said...

Blogging more often is very much appreciated.

Mark said...

It's great to hear about the little "opportunities" that parents have. I'm enoying being a grandpa!