Friday, March 30, 2012

Play in the Kitchen

Scene I. Mother (M) and young children (S) and (C) are seated at the kitchen table. Baby is sleeping in another room. S and C are eating soup; M is supervising. S is donning a polkadotted hoodie with a striped dress overtop while C is wearing a Tinkerbell costume. On the floor next to C is a pink sweater.

M. Good bite, Claire.
C. No, I'm Tinkerbell. [pause] Say Tinkerbell.
M. Good bite, Tinkerbell.
[S and C both take good bites of potatoes and carrots from their soup.]
C. Can I put my fetter (sweater) on? Can I put my fetter on please?
M. [helping S scoop a bite] Just a minute.
C. Can I get my fetter?
S. Mom. Can I get Claire's sweater for her?
M. Yes.
C. Gank you, Tummer.
S. Your welcome, Claire.
C. Say Tinkerbell. [while S climbs off her chair, crawls under the table, and picks up sweater.] Say Tinkerbell.
S. Your welcome Tinkerbell.
C. Gank you.

2 comments:

Josh and Rach said...

So adorable. I love that you let your girls dress themselves in whatever they want, what a great mommy you are :)

Mark said...

Who really are the Barney Five anyway??? (Tinkerbell:)