Monday, March 5, 2012

It's officially official . . .

As of two weeks ago:
On another note, Summer is doing so well with her communication skills. Sometimes when she's crying, she'll come up to me and say, "Mom, hold me. I need some special time with just you and me right now." Other times she'll say, "It makes me so frustrated when you don't sit by me!" or "I'm not happy about this right now." I love it that she's expressing herself and how she's feeling. It's fun to see that this little person has emotions and can express them.

She will also spend hours doing puzzles. She loves them. We had a few puzzles all dumped out and mixed together and she went through, sorting the pieces and putting them back in the puzzles. She enjoyed it. And she loves princess dressup dresses. Whenever we're at a friends' house, she bee-lines straight for the princess dresses, and wears them the whole time we are there. She loves them.

Pyper is doing really well with her arms. We've really been working on helping her relax them and stretch them out. She now is not just a tight little ball, but actually lays on the floor with her arms down her side, or out from her. She's also opening her hands now too. And she's reaching for things, which is also great progress from just a few weeks ago when she wouldn't move her arms.

We find out in the beginning of May the results of Rhett's bar. These next few months will be a nice break from having to think about it.

And I got such an encouraging response from my seven days of posting that I'm trying to do better with the blog. Perhaps B. F. Skinner was right???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Claire.

Josh and Rach said...

Totally love all the updates lately! I LOVE hearing about what the girls are doing and saying these days. It makes it seem better that I dont get to see them every week like I used to :) Keep it up!

Josh and Rach said...

Oh, and I am also so proud of Claire! We are working on it too...