Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Summer Comes to an End

 We've had such a great summer this year. It was full of lots of fun activities, like . . .

bike rides

relaxing in our homemade hot tubs



painting the deck with water

playing wii

 "go go go!"

painting ceramics (a childhood tradition for me)



attempts to take pics of all four together

washing our faces with yogurt
(okay, so that was just Pyper)

painting projects

going to the dentist

watching a few movies

making our own family trees
(Pyper did her hand prints for the leaves; I put the pictures down for her. The other girls did their own leaves, cut out their own pictures, and glued them down where they wanted them.)

playing in our homemade sand box

And lest ye think it's all fun and games in the Barney home . . .
Not pictured: Pyper (clinging to my legs)

I'd been waiting for this moment since Basil was born--for the moment when all four kids were crying at the same time. It happened just last week. And of course, as soon as I got my camera out, Summer stopped crying and started picking up the puzzle pieces that I asked her to clean up. Ironically, the moment I turned the camera off, she burst into tears again.

2 comments:

Josh and Rach said...

I love that you took a moment to stop and record all of the girls crying, haha. The Barney madness continues! Love all the summer projects, so cute.

Mark said...

What great moments in time - think of it. This is just a bit of eternity - the laughing, the coloring, the crying. What great memories.