Monday, February 13, 2012

We love Liberty Lake (Day 6)

Rhett and I have been lucky enough to step up our living conditions with each move we've made. The first place we ever lived was in Rigby, Idaho. It was nice, but lacking a few things--like windows and heat. (We refer to it as The Dungeon.) When we moved from there to our duplex in Shelley, Idaho, we got the luxury of windows and heat, as well as a nice little walk to church. It was great. Our move from Shelley to Spokane at Center Court Apartments upgraded us to a balcony and a dishwasher (and we got to keep the heat, the windows, and the walk to church). When we moved to Rockcreek Apartments in Spokane, we had everything from a washer and dryer, to windows, to two bathrooms, to a garage, to heat, to a walk to church, and a garbage disposal. Could life get any better?

And then we moved to Liberty Lake. Here, we see golf carts cruising around the roads and bike paths (it's legal to drive golf carts here, now matter how old/young you are). We also see wildlife of all sorts--wild turkeys, lots and lots of deer, and just the other night I had to slam on my brakes for two raccoons. But my favorite are the partridges. There's a little family of them that live in our yard and the neighbor's yard across the street. I'm not sure why they stick around here, but they are so stinking cute as they run speed-demon like across the road to get out of your way. It happens every day, and it makes me laugh every single time.

One thing we especially love about Liberty Lake is the lake. Here is our view as we turn onto Molter, just before we turn again onto our street. I love the lake peeking through. (Sorry the picture is a bit gray. I took it on my phone. It was cloudy and drizzly today, but still beautiful.) We turn right about where that red tree is on the left.

Often times, on our way home from school, I'll drive a different way so we can drive along side the lake. I usually park and just look out over the water. The people across the street probably wonder about the creepy white van stalking them, but I do it anyway. (Stop and look at the lake, not stalk them.) I love seeing its many faces. When boaters were out in the summer and fall, we'd watch the waves come, come, coming to us. In the wintertime, we'd drive by and there would be people out ice skating. But my favorite is watching the rain fall on the water. It's kind of a lonely, peaceful feeling. Somewhat of an oxymoron, but no better way to describe it.

We look forward to seeing the lake in the spring and what it looks like then. I'll be sure to let you know!


And thanks, Heather, for your encouragement on my posting! I've been wondering who's out there staying caught up on my daily efforts!

1 comment:

auntanne said...

Hey girl you just can't know how much I enjoy each and every blog you post it is my only way to watch your family grow. Thanks for your time