Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Preparations

I've never been much of a Halloween fan, but this year, I've really gotten into it. I think it's mostly because the girls and I have been busy decorating and learning about the holiday. Our first couple projects were about pumpkins. We made these stained glass window decorations . . .and then made these paper plate pumpkins. Summer did the two on the left; Claire did the one on the right. I let them paint the plates, then I cut the eyes, nose, and mouths out, and they glued them down wherever they wanted. (I helped Claire a little with the gluing, but I did ask her where each piece went.)
We'll also be carving pumpkins this weekend with dad.

The next week, we did ghost projects. Our first project was our ghost mobile made from suckers and paper towels. The girls drew the faces on.


And then we did a ghost patch of rocks with dad. These are my favorite. The girls and dad painted them white, then glued on the eyes and mouths that I had cut out. I love how they all turned out.

This week, we'll hopefully get to make some bats, black cats, or skeletons. I'm not sure yet.

We also learned this Halloween song. The girls are singing along to this clip on YouTube (which they have a hard time taking their eyes off of). I printed the pictures and the girls colored the props for the song. We love this song and sing it all the time.


Up Next: Halloween Costumes and Parties

3 comments:

Mark said...

Now this is scary!!, (but oh so special!)

Jillyn said...

Love your Halloween decorations. I guess I should jump on board and make some too. Just not much of a fan....still waiting for my asparagus to come in the mail.... :)

Katelyn Wray said...

so cute!