Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy 6-Week Birthday Claire!

I can't believe it has been six weeks! Already Claire is growing so much and getting so big. Usually after a nice meal, she is quite content and gives us some beautiful smiles. We love it. She is also awake and alert more now than she has been before. She has started cooing, and we just love hearing her little voice. And just yesterday, as I walked across the room, I saw her eyes follow me as I went. She's just growing up so fast!

I finally got the pictures loaded, so here are some of her . . .

Saying hello . . .
Just chillin' (with killer red-eye) . . .

And cautiously awaiting those dreaded footsteps from big sister . . .

It seems that when Summer is sleeping and Claire's awake, Claire smiles and relaxes. But the moment she hears Summer's voice or her running footsteps, her brow furrows and she gets this worried look on her face (like in the first picture). Summer just loves her. Here she is reading a book to Claire . . .

And clipping her nails with her fake nail clippers (a binder clip) . . .And just talking . . .
We love our girls!

6 comments:

Katelyn Wray said...

I love it! The older she gets the more she doesn't look like Summer to me! So cute! I bet Summer is a great helper

Blatter said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER! 6 days! I LOVE Summers hair. I hope it stays a little curly. Claire is changing so much. She already looks different than I remember! See you all soon!

Lance and Darcie and Auzzy said...

Wow! how Claire has grown. You two have beautiful girls. Just wait until Summer teaches Claire how to talk or on the bad habits. Miss you guys!

Mark said...

I know how you feel..... we love our girls too. How precious.
Love
Dad

Josh and Rach said...

That last picture of them together is so cute. I just love snuggling that sweet Claire, I can't believe I will have my own little one in less than a month!! Claire and baby green will get to be bff's since they will be only 2 months apart, so cute.

Cherine said...

She is adorable!