Sunday, April 5, 2009

BRAZIL

Yes, in case some haven't heard, we are going to Brazil. Rhett got accepted into a four-week summer program to take six credits at a university in Rio de Janeiro, so we're packing up and heading out May 15 and will be gone until June 23. Rhett will take classes for the first four weeks, and then we'll get to tour around for the last week that we're there. This is where Rhett served his mission, so we're really excited to be able to go. We got little Summer's passport, and mine updated to my married name, and now we're working on our visas. Rhett has posted sticky notes all over the apartment with portuguese vocabulary so I can practice up. There are so many things to do and so many preparations to make that it seems a little overwhelming, but we can't wait!

And here are the rest of the pictures I tried posting on the previous post. I thought it was super-cute how Summer had her legs crossed and her arm around Rhett, so I took a few pictures. The funny thing is that after I took them, I looked at them more closely and realized they were pulling the same faces in each picture!

And here's a picture of Summer helping dad string his buddy's guitar. I just love the concentration in that face. What a good helper. She sure loves her dad!

10 comments:

Heather said...

that's crazy that they have the same face and are looking the same direction! How funny.

Katelyn Wray said...

Britt-
I love the pictures! I am so excited for you guys and that you are going to Brazil! You inspire me! hahahah Love you!

Susan said...

How exciting!!! Maybe you can visit Christopher in the CTM in Sao Paulo!! ha ha

Susan said...

P.S. Adorable pictures!! Summer is such a cute and fun little girl!!

Lance and Darcie and Auzzy said...

That is cool that you guys get to go to Brazil. You guys are definitely braver than us. I have been thinking that I needed to get your guys address. Summer looks cute and that is really cute that her and Rhett are making similar faces. Good Luck and we love you! Lance really misses Rhett!

Blatter said...

Summer is so cute!! She is growing up so fast!! Can't wait to see her tan after Brazil!!!

Linda and Terry said...

Wow Brazil! That's so exciting! What a great experience to have as a family. Summer is so cute!!

Jillyn said...

I love how her and Rhett are pulling the same faces...that is so funny. I still can't believe you're taking her to Brazil. That will be amazing....

alisekelley said...

Wow! That is so exciting! What an adventure. This will make so many great memories for you guys!

Taunya Spaulding said...

that is so funny! their facial expressions are exactly the same!! have fun in Brazil! what a fun trip!!