Friday, June 22, 2012

Chicken

I am so excited to say that my cousin Deirdre has just published her first children's book called Chicken. We have been waiting for quite a while for it, so when it finally came on Wednesday, we were all really excited. I read it to the girls, and yesterday, as we were getting ready to leave for a friend's house, I caught Summer "reading" it. I wish I could have captured the whole story on film (which was pretty close to the original!), but I only caught the last part. Listen carefully, and if you know the real story, you might chuckle at the twist Summer put on it on the end. (Get a copy of the original story by Deirdre Nickel here.)

Disclaimer: I let her pick out her own clothes today. 


2 comments:

Josh and Rach said...

Great "reading" Summer!! Britt, I have to say your hair-do skills have definitely improved over the past year, Summer and Claire's hair always looks adorable! And love the coat she picked out today.. :)

Mark said...

Robin, crow, what's the difference?