Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Claire's Tenderness

Just today, Summer was whimpering about a hurt finger.
Claire said, "What happened?"
"I have an owie right here," Summer said, pointing at her middle finger.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Want me to kiss it better?" Claire asked.
Summer reached out, and Claire kissed her finger.
"No, right here, Claire." Summer pointed to the other side of her finger.
Claire leaned over and kissed the other side.
I inspected the finger. There were no visible signs of any damage done, though I do believe she hurt it somehow.
Then Summer said, "Oh Claire. Kiss it here too."
Claire responded kindly, "I'm sorry. I already kissed it."

2 comments:

Josh and Rach said...

She is so adorable!! How about I trade you for a few weeks and you can whip Lyla into shape. She can be sweet, but is also a little terror sometimes! That precious Claire, she has been that way since the day she was born. What a little sweetheart.

Mark said...

This is no different than having so many handshakes available on Sunday. Go Claire!