Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Some Updates

After browsing for months for a new vehicle that would accommodate the soon-to-be four of us, we found the perfect rig: A 2005 Hyundai Tucson. We love it. At first, I was nervous to drive something so big (big compared to the little Nissan and my some-what little Alero), but after the first drive, I haven't regretted the buy. It is so much fun to drive, plus, and this is the best part . . . I don't have to bend over anymore to put Summer in her carseat! That was getting to be quite a chore with my growing belly.

The quick story is that we had been looking for something like this since we returned home from Brazil. We test drove a few that were overpriced and had been smoked in, and when we found this one which had been owned by a single woman (1) without kids, (2) who didn't smoke, (3) who was trying to get rid of it because her brother had given her another vehicle, we thought it was perfect. The price was amazingly low (because she really wasn't in it for the money), and it was in great condition. It's also four-wheel drive, so winter--bring on the snow! We're ready!


And this deadly trap was set by Summer. She loves finding our kabob sticks in the kitchen drawer, and she loves even more the art of sticking them in the fan. I let her do it until she gets bored with it, then take them out so there are no catastrophes. But she will seriously sit there for thirty minutes just threading them through.


One night, I was sitting on the couch, doing whatever, and all of the sudden, Dad and Summer got really quiet. The next thing I knew, Summer came running out of her room looking like this. Of course, she did have a smile on her face. I don't know why she didn't smile for the camera. But she loves it when Dad dresses her up in the random things found around the house. She has so much fun with him!

Finally, I thought I'd mention that I'm starting another blog to post pictures of the journals and books I make. A few people have shown interest in seeing how they turn out, so I decided to create a blog for it. It can be found under the "Favorite Sites" list on the side bar, or you can just get there by clicking here.

4 comments:

Cherine said...

You know I really like Hyundai. We were looking at those. I have a new Sonata and love it and hubby drives an Elantra. They are all easy cars to fix and we have had no big problems!!!
Love the your car.

Jillyn said...

Britt, love the car. I can't believe how much Summer looks like Rhett! It is pretty crazy. Love your book blog as well....you're just all around amazing. I love you.

Blatter said...

Your book blog rocks! Your car looks amazing! So did you sell yours or do you have that one too? Exciting! I bet you look like such a cute mom cruising around in it!

Mark said...

Britt,
Maybe Summer could build us a trap to catch our racoons. We need some help. Anyway, it looks like never a dull moment in the Barney home. See you soon.
Love ya