Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pigtails, A Surprise Party, and . . . a boy???

The big day came that we had to try out pigtails in Summer's hair. It turned out so cute! But of course, she wasn't a fan of me putting them in. Now, she'll just sit on my lap while I do it, but she cries and cries until it's over. Summer's pigtails:

This year for Rhett's birthday, I planned (and stressed!) a surprise party for Rhett. I really wanted it to be a surprise, so I had to work to keep it a secret. I was so excited about it and it was constantly on my mind that it was hard not to mention anything to him about it.

Some of the surprises at this surprise party:
Andrew and Maria came (his brother and sister-in-law in Tacoma)
I made Brazilian pudding and chocolates
There were almost 30 people there
Julie Massey made an amazingly beautiful and amazingly delicious cake (rare for two in one!)
We all put together a book for him (one page from each family)

Here are some photos and clips of the event:

The whole group (Thanks for taking the picture Marissa!)
Rhett and his book from everyone
Rhett blowing out the "candle" and his awesome cake (I wish we would have taken a picture of the slices--they were checkered with chocolate and vanilla cake, with strawberries in the middle!) (I had TWO!)
And the film of his reaction. It was a little chilly and we didn't have Summer's jacket, so he was carrying her wrapped up in his.


Thanks everyone for helping me make this a great surprise and a great party!

Finally, I went to Walmart to get Summer some new pj's that fit her, and all they had were boy colors. So, now every morning when I go in to get her from her crib, I think, "Where did this little boy come from?"

Here is a clip in her new jammies with dad tickling her.

6 comments:

Blatter said...

Holy cow. I just died laughing from Summer's laugh. That was the cutest thing ever! Love the pjs. And the surprise party looked like it was a hit! Your belly is adorable! And I love the pigtails. I can't beleive how big she is getting.

Jillyn said...

Britt, it looks like you went to a lot of trouble to put together that party. Great job. Summer is getting so big. I love her little pig tails. Does she keep them in once you have them in, or does she just pull them out? That is so funny that you got her boy jammies. How bout if I shop for you here, cuz all they have are girl jammies and we can swap! :) You're looking great. I hope you're feeling good. We miss you and love you all!

Mark said...

Man oh man oh man. Mom used to get upset when I tickled you girls. Don't tell Summer that Grandma is on her side.
Great pictures. Can't wait till Thanksgiving. Love ya
Dad

Lance and Darcie and Auzzy said...

Brit, your an awesome wife! Summer is so cute and its okay if she has boy pjs. Austyn has them too. Rhett, I hope school is going well.

Cherine said...

Hey Brittney!!! Just catching up on your blog. First off congrats on another little girl. That is so fun. Second happy birthday to your hubby, and third. Your little chica is adorable. Hope things are well for you!!! By the way you are a cute pregnant girl!!!

Shelli Gemar said...

Britt - What a cutie! I love her laugh and the boy jammies! Made me laugh :)