Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ten Fun Facts About Summer

Leanna did a "Ten Fun Facts about Hazel," and I thought it was a great idea for Summer. So thanks Leanna! Hope you don't mind.

1. She loves being wrapped up like a burrito (since day one), and when she is wrapped up, she knows it’s bedtime: we pop the binky in and her eye lids start to droop. It's beautiful.

2. She loves sweet potatoes, but will not even touch chicken and chicken broth. We've tried it quite a few times, but it's the only thing that she won't even allow in her mouth. She must smell it coming.

3. Sometimes, when she gets a really good drink of water, she’ll sit back and give a little sigh like, “Ohhhhh. That was soooo good.”

4. She loves making the “th” sound, and does it all the time.

5. Her repertoire of “real people food” consists of bananas, avocadoes, and olives.

6. Sometimes, when she smiles really big, she throws her head back as if she’s laughing really hard, but she’s not even making a peep.

7. She went through about a one week phase of “aaaahing” continuously, only to be interrupted by a yawns and bites of food. (This is what she's doing the clip at the very beginning, but I think it cut out her yawn.)

8. She will only really eat well when accompanied by mom singing “You are my Sunshine,” “Skinamarinkidinkidink,” and “Barbara Ann.”

9. She likes to do the wheelbarrow with dad, but she has a hard time doing it for very long. See clip.

10. She loves doing Ab Ripper X with dad. Good quality time!



PS Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Kartchner for this awesome camcorder that I finally figured out how to work!

11 comments:

Jenni said...

How cute!! She is so darling....

Kam Family said...

That was the cutest video I've ever seen! She is SO cute! I love her baby babble-- just darling!
Also, Rhett has a step-brother who served in our ward... the Milwaukee 1st ward.. Sadly I don't know his first name--- we jsut called in Elder. But, we had a really good relationship with him. Do you by chance know how we can get back in contact with him. We heard he was just recently married! Thanks much!

Jillyn said...

Britt,

I love the little pink hat she has on. Its so cute! Makes me want to hold her right now. Are you so excited to go see Ang? I'm so jealous. Take lots of pictures and have a good time. I love you.

Blatter said...

Love the background music!eheheheh Such a cute video! I love the wheel barrel walk! She is so adorable! See you both soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh and Rach said...

Ha, that video is adorable! I love how it looks all old-timey. The music is perfect for sweet little Summer. We are so lucky to get to babysit that cutie :)

Jenny said...

Summer is so cute! What a little doll. So, Brittney, I was looking for that fruit leather recipe and couldn't find it on that blog. Do you have it?

The JL McGregor Family said...

I love this! The short clips are perfect, the music, the oldish-look, and Summer!! What program do you use to edit?

Yates Family said...

Hi Brittany! Its Brienne. I got your link from Candi Birds blog and thought that I would say HI!! Your little one is adorable! Aren't kids just the best and the hardest thing all rolled into one? I love every minute of it!! Glad you are doing well!

alisekelley said...

I loved reading this! She is so cute!

Linda and Terry said...

Wow, she is growing right up!! Loved the little video :) Your little family is so cute!

Leanna said...

Yay for ten fun facts! (It's pretty hard to narrow it down to ten, huh?! lol) She is so dang cute! I LOVED the video. Too fun...