Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Summer in the Winter

Well, Summer's sure growing like crazy--at least in length. At her last doctor's appointment, January 9th, she was 25 3/4 inches long and weighed a little more than 12 lbs. She's in the fifth percentile with her weight, but the doctor said not to worry as long as her development is on track. And it is! She is crawling like crazy--mom can hardly keep up. She even pulls herself up at the couch, her carseat, and anything else that is just the right height. (We attribute the low weight to an accidental feeding of prunes a few days before the doctor's appointment. They cleaned her out!)

She is also now giving us kisses--a slobbery, open-mouth touch to our cheek. We love it. Her favorite solids right now are the rice cereal and the sweet potatoes. (She likes the barley cereal okay, but really dislikes the carrots.) She is so much fun. This is a clip from over Christmas break. Aunt Kate had just changed her diaper and was tickling her. Summer hadn't ever laughed like this before, and she really hasn't laughed like it since. She loves her Aunt Kate!

Dad's doing well in school. Finals were pretty much what he expected. Summer and I are proud of his hard work. He's also started playing on a Gonzaga basketball team. Not THE Gonzaga basketball team; it's just an intermurals league, but it's been fun for him.

And Mom's just keeping busy with chasing Summer down and trying to keep her out of the dangerous "toys" and keeping her tummy full and her diaper clean. And she's loving it. She's trying to stay caught up with the laundry (has anyone ever figured out how to stay caught up with the laundry?), on the ball with making the meals, running the errands, and taking a scuba diving class. And in her spare time, she plays Scrabble and Rummikub with Dad. Could life get any better?

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey Brittney, that video of Summer is so cute! Callie is in a lower percentile as well for weight. And no, I'm still trying to figure out how to keep up with all the laundry. Maybe the only way is to take everything and drop it off at the drycleaners once a week? :) Have fun with your scuba diving class.

Kam Family said...

that is the cutest laugh I've ever heard! What a little sweetheart! And we have those same great jammies! WE just love how warm they are!

Lance and Darcie and Auzzy said...

Good to hear that Summer is growing and developing well. As well as she is developing have you ever thought of looking into the Montessori lifestyle. Look into it. There are lots of books out their on it. I love it for Austyn, who is now looking like a monkey. She is in between sizes on clothes and it is driving mom crazy. That is awesome to hear that Rhett did good on his finals and that you are taking a scuba diving class. I bet that class is fun. You have more guts then I do.

Jillyn said...

Britt, you have to post that picture of Summer in her overalls. She is so cute! Kate was telling me about the clip she took of summer laughing. I love it. Keep up the great job of keeping your blog updated.....I need to follow your example. :) Love you!

Shelli Gemar said...

What a cutie! I love the laugh!

Rayce & Candi said...

Summer is such a doll. It makes me want to have another! But I think 3s enough. I am never really caught up on laundry, but I try to do at least 2 loads a day. (Key word there is try!) My kids are old enough that they know which clothes are theirs, so I have them put them away. It is the only chore they have to do, so its nice to get a little help!

Team Simmons said...

Hi, I just saw your comment on " Safely Gathered In" My daughter is allergic to PB also. I just made PB cookies using Sunflower Butter. When cooked, it tasted just like PB cookies. I imagine it would work the same for the granola bars.( You can find Sunflower Butter in the whole foods section of your Groceery)

Linda and Terry said...

Such a cutie!! Love the laugh! And I have to say the answer is NO. No one has ever found out how to keep up on laundry...well at least I havn't.

Leanna said...

Pretty sure the only way to stay caught up on the laundry is to have everyone run around naked for a day while you do the laundry. Haven't tried it yet myself, but...
lol

And I'm glad to hear that there is another baby out there who is long and skinny. Hazel is just like that, too, and even though she's on the right track developmentally, I still worry when I see all of the other chunks her age. =D

Glad to see that you are all doing well!