Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Cross Country Meet 3 (District)

Summer ran in her third meet yesterday. She did AMAZING!

We got there and the kids were all up in the bleachers in their groups. I found Summer and ran up to say hello. She was pretty excited. Later, she told me that when the bus pulled into the school, she got a tickle in her tummy. "Kind of a nervous tickle and an excited tickle," she said.


Here she is at the starting line.


Off they go!


 And here she comes!

After the finish line:


She got an orange tshirt and a certificate.



 I love these last pictures. 




Summer ran this mile in 8.06! That is THIRTEEN seconds faster than her best time! We are so proud of her! She is amazing.

She didn't get first, second, or third, and she's a little disappointed about it. She got 12 out of 37--which is so impressive to me. 

She told me that on the bus to the meet, all the kids were chanting LLE! LLE! (Liberty Lake Elementary) She thought it was the coolest thing ever! haha.

The first thing she said after the finish line was "No more cross country!" I think she was a little relieved that it's over. But I'm sure she'll be excited when it starts up again next year.

We are so proud of her for doing it! Good job Summer!

No comments: