Friday, October 16, 2015

Cross Country Meet 2

Summer had her second cross country meet. 
I think the most impressive thing about cross country is how they run UP HILL! She had to do it twice. And it was a pretty intense hill. 

Once again, the girl who got first ran the mile in under 8 minutes. But then . . . . here comes our sweet pink runner!

(I tried snapping photos and doing video so I missed as she ran past me, but you can see her running in the clip. Pink bottoms.)






 Summer's time was 8.23; she got second place. She's amazing!

She qualifies for the all city meet, which is Tuesday the 20th. We've looked at the times for the other runners that will be racing--many other girls are racing at under 8 minutes as well. We're not sure where she'll place, but we are sure proud of her for working so hard and doing so well.

2 comments:

Mark said...

No matter the outcome Summer, you're number 1 in my book! You are amazing. I can barely go a mile on my bike in 8 minutes. Keep up the fantastic work! And good luck next week. We look forward to hearing about the race.

Katelyn Wray said...

Summer- in 8th grade I did track...I went to 1 practice. So great job not following in my footsteps. Keep up the great work!