Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Big News!

Nooooo, we haven't had our baby yet.
But
Yesssss! Summer has a loose tooth! This morning when she climbed into bed with me and Rhett, Rhett looked at her tooth, wiggled it, and said, "You have a loose tooth!" She was so surprised. She hadn't even noticed it! But boy were we all excited. She has gone all through first grade watching her friends lose teeth, and she has waited so patiently for her turn. She skipped around the house this morning singing, "Who wants to wiggle my tooth?" And of course, everyone did (except me because it totally grosses me out). It's been a very exciting day.

On another note, I am still pregnant--which I am okay with. Although I'm due today/tomorrow, I feel great! I think this is the best I've ever felt this late in my pregnancy. I took a few pictures just to document what I look like with this baby. Of course the angles were difficult--it was either this one below that makes my legs look giant (maybe they really are that big???? haha), or it was another one showing an awful double chin that I don't think I really have, but then again, maybe I do???
 (Like my shirt? Rhett brought it back for me on one of his business trips.)

And here's a side view:
(I just washed the shirt, so it's a little tight. Or maybe that's just because of my giant belly.)

I did have Summer take some pictures, but they were all blurry. We might try another photo shoot in a few days if the baby hasn't come yet.

The girls are split on who wants what. Two want a boy; two want a girl. I'm not sure who wants which, but I think tonight we'll write down everyone's guesses and make a game of it.

The girls all finished their last week of school last week. Summer is now done with first grade. Claire is done with preschool. And Pyper is done at Head Start. Next year, Summer will go on to second grade, Claire will do kindergarten at CCS, and Pip will stay home with me and get to be the oldest child during the day. It will be a very different dynamic! But it will be good to have the time with her. I'm looking forward to it.

Rhett is doing so well at Lee & Hayes. It's hard for me not to boast about him on here--I think he gets a little uncomfortable when I share all the accomplishments he's made and doing, so I try not to share too much. But he is constantly getting compliments at work about what's he's doing and who he is. I'm proud of him for all he does.

Plus, I love that he built our raised garden beds. 

This is a picture right after we got the soil in (yes, he shoveled all that dirt with two broken ribs from playing soccer), but now, we have flourishing tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, cucumbers, and strawberries, as well some carrots, onions, beets, and peas just poking their heads out.

And this is just a funny little story--one day, Summer came home from school and told me she was supposed to meet Kayson (a school friend) that night at midnight at the school. She told me it was a top secret why they were meeting--but she also told me what the secret was. Something about catching ghosts at the school. He sent this note with her:
"Were darck clos."

I thought it was hilarious.

4 comments:

auntanne said...

Yes it is big news to get your first loose tooth
and to be out of first grade, pre school,& head start
have a great summer girls

The belly shots are definitely big also

The raised beds will be nice for gardening
Good work Rhett

Waiting on the news of your healthy happy baby

Katelyn Wray said...

Not gonna lie I'm jealous of your gardens. I have been wanting those for a while...some day. But they look great! And can't wait to hear about baby. Also summers story was hilarious

Heather said...

Excited to find out about that new baby!! Good luck with labor and delivery!

Mark said...

We need more pictures, specifically of the chin! We can't wait for this baby. And we should probably see pictures of Summer's first loose tooth as well. Save some veggies for us so when we come up we can have some. The kids are growing up way too fast. It's good there will be another little one comeing!