Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Gymnastics Camp and Art Class

Last week, Summer came home with a flyer for a gymnastics camp. The camp was scheduled for Monday morning (Martin Luther King day) from 9-10. Since the monkey bars have come with such ease for Summer, I thought I'd sign her up and see if she liked it.

We showed up Monday morning and registered her. Then people started coming. And coming. And coming! I would say there was about 70 kids there. And only about ten chairs set up for parents. I was glad I'd gotten there early because I got a chair on the front row! 

Anyway, they broke the kids up into age groups (it was ages 3-7), and then rotated to each technique. Summer started on the beam, then did the vault, the floor, and then the bars. (She's the one in the pink shirt and black leggings.)

A lot of the pictures I took ended up blurry, so I only got ones of her on the beam and bars.


She had a great time, and I think we will look into an 8 week summer class for her at Spokane Gymnastics.

But poor Claire. She was heartbroken I wouldn't let her go too. Summer has a natural athleticism about her. Claire--not too much. On the other hand, Claire is doing really well with art, so I signed her up for an art class. Last night was her first class. They learned about Japanese painting. Here's Claire's masterpiece:

As we were driving home, she said, "Mom, the leaf going off into the sunset is my best one yet."


3 comments:

Jillyn said...

Britt! Claire's a natural. I love her painting. It is so good. And tell Summer we are planning on see her in the Summer Olympics 2024. :)

Blatter said...

Holy cow, I can't believe Claire painted that! That's amazing! Congrats Summer on gymnastics! Looks so fun!

Mark said...

That is a perfect leaf going off into the sunset. I should know. I lived in Japan for 2 years. Good job Claire! And Summer, you look great!