Friday, November 16, 2012

Halloween

This year for Halloween the girls were bumblebees. I guess I was kind of in charge of costumes this year. I found a killer deal on striped material for 60% off at Joann's. I cut two rectangles for each girl, cut strips along the side, then tied the front and backs together. I sewed a black ribbon to go over the shoulders, then we stuck them in black tights and black shoes with a headband and pipe cleaner antennaes. I also made their wings with some wire and black tulle.  Rhett added the bumblebee bum to them. They turned out quite cute. 



I wanted Pippy to be a flower garden, but we ran out of time, so she just wore orange and black striped tights over her onesie.
The girls wore the bumblebee costumes for our ward party, but the night of Halloween, they actually chose to be sister witches, which worked out better because the witch costumes we got were a bit big and could fit over the girls' coats.


It's gotten quite cold here, so we've been building fires. 

Of course, the first two nights we had a fire, the girls begged for s'mores. And how can you say no to all that gooey goodness???


Picture by Claire

2 comments:

Maria said...

Nice job on the costumes! And Summer is getting so big.

Anonymous said...

Those costumes are ridiculously cute, Brittney! I'm so impressed with your creativity. And I think I'm going to try something similar next year, if you don't mind me borrowing the idea.