Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Playing Together

The girls have so much fun playing together these days. I think they appreciate more their time together now that Summer is gone for part of the day. Here are some clips of them playing. The quality isn't that great because once they notice I've got the camera out, they get camera-happy. So I try to be inconspicuous.

Playing School: This was taken tonight after dinner. I was still eating at the table, and the girls were playing. I overheard Summer say, "Okay, Claire. Sit down." She waited, and Claire sat. "Okay, now put your hands in the air." Claire followed orders. "Now clap your hands." I heard four little hands clapping. "Now roll your arms." By this point, I figured they must do some kind of routine at school when they all sit down for story time--some kind of routine where they put their hands in the air, clap, roll them, and then put them in their lap. Summer never got to the last part. She got a little carried away, "Now, stand up and stomp your feet." . . . "Now take your hair clip out." . . . By this point, I was chuckling and wanted to get it on the camera, but of course, she was done, so I just got the next part--her reading to Claire. The book is about the life cycle of butterflies. Summer starts talking about what the bugs are eating--something about a "bug skeeter eating a pineapple," and a "rabbit" eating something--all of this which concerns Claire and she's saying, "Oh no. Oh no." In the end, Summer has no idea what the butterfly is eating so she just says, "I don't know what are they eating. The end." Then they move on to another book.


"Ay Ay Ay!" and "Ta ta-ta dah!"
This was taken yesterday when Claire was trying to climb onto my legs while I was sitting on the couch. Sometimes when I get a little frustrated, I say, "Ay ay ay!" Well, she's picked it up. So you hear her say it as she's struggling to get up. When she finally gets there, she triumphantly says, "Ta ta-ta dah!" Of course, not all playing together moments are blissfully happy. There's a lot of "My turn too!" involved!


Raspberries: This was taken Sunday while the girls played on a large cardboard box. Claire was giving Summer raspberries on her back, and then Summer started suggesting she do them elsewhere--belly, leg, arm, etc. Claire obeyed. Then it's Summer's turn to give them to Claire. I love how Claire (towards the end) lounges on the cardboard box like it's a hot tub or something. And that's the not the inside of the box--it's the side that's caved in from their weight!


Instructions: Summer's giving a lot of instructions lately. I don't know if it's from school, or just the age of bossiness, or what, but most of the time, Claire plays along and enjoys the companionship. In this clip, I think Claire actually put the big hair clip in her hair first, and then Summer takes it out and puts it in her own hair, trading the tiny clip in its place (which gets caught in her hair as she tries taking it out.) Claire notices I've got the camera out and starts saying, "Smile," and giving a goofy smile for the camera.

2 comments:

Mark said...

This reminds me of two other girls about 25 years ago. Different names, different location, but same old raspberries, hair clips, and cardboard box!

Maria said...

I love how Claire is so concerned with everything Summer is telling her about the bugs. I also like how we can see that belly in the video with Claire's climbing. Can't believe it's only 8 weeks until we get to see the newest Barney girl!