Friday, April 1, 2011

Hot Tamales, Friends, and "The Dance Game"

A few nights ago, Rhett brought home a big box of Red Hot Tamales for me. I opened them and had a few, then set them on the counter. The next morning, the girls woke up a bit early. Rhett and I stayed in bed while we heard them rummaging around. Then all went quiet. I was surprised that they were being so "good" . . . until Summer came running in with red all over her mouth and said, "Mom, that snack is bicy (spicy)." I got up and went out into the living room and half my box had been eaten. Around Claire's mouth, a little on her nose, and below her eye, was all red--I thought from the dye in the candy, but when I looked closer, I realized it had welted up from the Tamales. At least she had enjoyed them.
I love how the girls play with each other all day. It is so fun to see them get along and be such good friends.


(I actually went to check on them and they had figured this out. Now they love riding the tricycle together.)




During Spring Break, we borrowed our friend's Wii and their new dance games. Summer absolutely loved the dance games. She would ask to do it the moment she woke up in the morning. We had the Wii and dance games for about a week and a half, and then we had to give them back to our friends. That night, we were saying prayers, and Summer said, (sometimes she gets "Thanks for" and "Please bless" mixed up), "Thanks for we get the dance game back." It was so funny.

Here are a few clips of her doing part of the Jungle Boogie, the Russian dance, and her "Grand Finale."

3 comments:

Andres said...

Oh, I love Summer's dance finale! She's got all the moves down! And the girls are so cute together. Can't wait to see all of you in a few weeks. /Maria

Heather said...

HA I love that she has her hand on her hip and goes in a circle...I didn't know she was so good!

Mark said...

Sign her up for Toperettes!