Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Claire!

In my previous life, I was brainwashed to think birthdays weren't that big of a deal. Why treat someone better one day of the year, when you should treat them good every day? A while ago, I began to realize that birthdays are not just about treating someone special on their day, but about celebrating their birth and life in your own life. So on Monday (and on Tuesday because Rhett was studying all day Monday), we celebrated Claire's one-year birthday. Hooray! I think fondly of her birth story and of the miracle that we still have her in our lives after her little accident. What a joy she is to us (except for on nights when she keeps us up late) . . . (but maybe even then . . .).

Thanks to grandparents who gave wonderful gifts, and a big sister who shared yummy cupcakes, I think Claire enjoyed her special day(s).

My sister--a while ago--had the idea at each birthday to make a video of that child from clips and pictures throughout the year, then give it as one of their birthday presents. I thought it was a great idea, and though Claire probably won't appreciate it now, I think she will enjoy it in the future.

* * *

I spent hours and hours and hours putting it together, adding music, editing clips, transitioning pictures, etc., and now it won't load onto our blog. :(

So for now, just know we had a great celebration and are so happy to have little Claire in our lives!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I didn't realize you already had a little celebration when i told you yesterday to have a par-tay for Claire. Happy Birthday Claire Noel!

Anonymous said...

A video of clips and pictures is such a cool idea for a gift. I love that! I love you too.