Monday, May 11, 2009

She's Growing!

Lately, Summer's been really interested in her feet. She loves to play with them any way she can. This picture shows one of her favorite poses that she sits in often. She'll usually kick her foot up and down while she holds on to it, so her arm goes up and down too.
And here she is modeling her new swimsuit for Brazil.
And yes, we're potty training her. We actually started in March--March 3 to be exact. The first day, I just sat her on the potty to help her get used to it. The second day she sat on it, out came a little pooper! And she's been going ever since. She, of course, doesn't communicate to us when she needs to go, but we take her in every time after she eats and she does her duty. She now knows what the potty is for, and the moment we sit her on it, she starts pushing out whatever is there. We hear the little plop, then cheer and clap and "yeah!" for her. We are so proud of her. And eventually (hopefully soon) she'll start some sign language with us and tell us when she needs to go. (Anyone else interested in early potty training--I checked out Diaper Free Baby at the library.)
One day, I heard her rummaging around in her bottom drawer in the kitchen (full of weird spoons that I never use) and I went in to check on her. I saw this.
How in the world was she so tall? I wondered. I walked around the back of her and realized she had stepped up onto the bottom drawer! This is her favorite thing to do now--which of course I'm not a fan of because it's so dangerous. But she gets a few minutes in before I realize that's what she's doing again and help her down.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Ok -- that first picture -- it looks like Summer is doing yoga! How cute. I talked to Holly about Diaper Free Baby because I had told her that I thought Callie would be ready to potty train very soon. I'm going to start doing that too. April got the book, so I can't read it quite yet..but question, do you still keep a diaper on her just in case? I wish you weren't leaving for Brazil, but it'll be so much fun!

Jillyn said...

Britt,

Those pictures are so funny. I love the one where she's crawling on the drawers...that is so something she would do. I didn't get a chance to mail your cd today...sorry, but i'll try and mail it tomorrow. Noah had a rough morning...you know how that goes. I love you.

Taunya Spaulding said...

ok spittin image of Rhett is all i can say! she's definately her daddy's girl! I can't believe your potty training her already? That's awesome that she'll be diaper free really soon!

Becky said...

So cute! Kudos on the potty training! I hope all goes well!

Lance and Darcie and Auzzy said...

That is awesome that you are starting potting training early. It is a very smart thing. Well, we can call Summer little miss toeies. She is cute and I love how she climbs on the drawers. Auzzy still does that. Austyn would love Summer's swimming suit since it has princesses on it.

Blatter said...

Summer is hilarious. I can't believe she could stand up on the drawers!! So cute. Love the potty training pictures! I am hoping Graham is as easy to train as Summer! These diapers are way too expensive! Love the swimsuit too!

Leanna said...

Wow! I am quite impressed with the potty training! How old is she now anyway? I need to get in on that action.

Margo said...

Tucker did the same things--soon you'll find her on the counter making a PBJ sandwich. I have pics of that one!