Saturday, May 30, 2009

Daily Routine and a few other things . . .

So this is what our days are like . . .
We wake about 7:30ish, and Rhett gets ready for school. He leaves, walks to the metro, rides to a few blocks from his campus, then goes to class. He´s in class for about four hours, with a few breaks in between, and gets home about 1:30ish. Summer and I, well, our schedules a bit more exciting. As soon as we are fully awake and have had breakfast, we try to get in as many cartoons before her morning nap (Duck Tales, Sponge Bob, Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, some old Mickey Mouse ones, and some new ones I´ve never seen before). Oh, and sometimes I get lucky and find a cooking spotlight on a station and get some ideas for when I get home. During her morning nap, I get ready for the day then do some reading and writing (Thanks Josh for the Blue Jay book. It´s a perfect read for here. I´m loving it!). When she wakes up, we play a bit with her toys, and she runs around in her playpen. She actually doesn´t feel confined in it, which is what I was worried about. We don´t let her crawl much due to unknown dirtiness on the floor. At first, she´d hold on to the edge of the playpen and walk around and around, and now, she´ll let go and try to leap across the middle to the other side. Most of the time, she biffs it, and we laugh together. She´s a good sport. Then I feed her lunch, and about this time, dad gets home.
And then we´re off for our adventure for the day. Sometimes it´s to the beach, sometimes it´s to get groceries, and sometimes it´s to a new and exotic place, like the Botanical Garden we went to on Thursday. Here are some pictures.
Picture by Rhett:

Picture by me. I liked the green hut thing in the middle.Rhett and Summer in an Indiana Jones type thing. We walked through it, and I kept waiting for the hidden passageway to reveal itself.

Me and a waterfall.
And Summer smiling at dad. (No, you can´t see her tooth in this picture. We´ll get one and post it soon.)
And on Friday, after Rhett´s last day of his first class, we went over to Nitiroi to the Museum of Art and Culture. It was a fun treck--the metro, then the ferry, then a bus, and the architecture of the building was almost more intriguing than the artwork!

ps--we still don´t have internet. We´re pretty much giving up on it now. So I´m in the internet cafe and have a limited amount of time, so that means--no proofreading my posts. Sorry for the typos!

5 comments:

Andres said...

That daughter of yours has so many cheeky grins its pretty painful. What does Rhett's flower power shirt say?

Linda and Terry said...

Wow, it is so beautiful there! Love your posts.

Josh and Rach said...

I am so happy you are updating the blog! I love it. So Summer got her first tooth huh? AW... She isn't walking yet is she?! I will not be one bit surprised if she is running when you get back. :) I'm pretty sure you will need to go to the temple asap when you get back so we can play with Summer all night! Love the pics, it looks like you are having a lot of fun.

Josh and Rach said...

I'm glad you like the book...Louise is such a good author! Her nonfiction is really good...fiction is a bit weird at times, but still good:)

Josh

Blatter said...

Summer is so cute!!!!