Monday, September 8, 2008

A Mini Rhett

Mom found a good babysitter for Summer--Heather Harris. She came over today to watch Summer while Mom shopped at WalMart. It was definitely easier and faster to get all the groceries without trying to lug Summer in her carrier everywhere. Summer had a good time with Heather. She even smiled for her. And Heather had a good time too. She offered to come once a week to let Mom run errands and get groceries. Mom will probably take her up on it!
Mom and Dad met with a member of the bishopric yesterday. Mom got called to be the 
Relief Society Music Director. That means she's in charge of choosing the songs each Sunday, of doing the practice hymn, and then of filling in for the pianist and conductor when needed. Dad got an "assignment" that he willingly accepted. He, a few times every other month, will go to the church (a three minute walk from our apartment) at 5:40 in the morning and unlock it for the seminary group. If there's snow, he'll need to shovel. If the kids don't go to class, he's supposed to sit in the foyer and read the New Testament with them. (Secretly he's planning to read Civil Procedures with them. "Then they'll be begging to go back to class!" he said.)
Summer's still growing like crazy. Mom had to retire her giraffe pajamas today because they are now too small for her to wear. Summer is now in the 0-3 month selection of clothes, but they are still a little too big. Mom thinks she's looking just like Dad. A Mini Rhett. How great!

4 comments:

Lance and Darcie and Auzzy said...

Isn't it amazing how they find you a calling so fast. Well, they found my hidden talent too. I play the piano in YW even though there are plenty of other girls that can play too. I guess Heavenly Father wanted to use one of my hidden talents. I knew it would catch up with me. Oh wait, it is my first calling. Anyway, Congradulation on your calling.

Heather said...

I'm serious Britt--I'll come over once a week. All you have to do is let me know when!

Josh and Rach said...

The girls should get together tomorrow during the day and play. We can just go on a walk or to the mall or something! :) Call me if you want to do it!

Mary said...

Rhett-I didn't know you'd gotten married! Congrats and your little girl is BEAUTIFUL!