Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Random phone pics

A while ago, when the girls were still in school, Basil and I were playing hide and seek. I was in Basil's room counting. I heard her footsteps run across the kitchen floor, then all went quiet. When I walked into my room, this is what I saw.

We've had a little bunny run around our yard for a while. We saw it last year a few times (if it's the same one), and this time, we snagged a photo.

Claire got her hair trimmed. This was the length before. I didn't even take an after photo. But it goes to about her lower ribs now. Still as beautiful as ever.

One day, Pip got all sneaky and cleaned our room for us. It was really sweet. Later that night, I noticed this little underwear stashed on Rhett's bookshelf.

We went to Summer's walk-a-thon and cheered her on. Claire was sitting like this so I got a picture.

One day, the girls came running into the house telling me they found a baby bird in the corner of our garden box. We watched it for a while. The girls were very concerned, but I wouldn't let them try to feed it or give it water. We weren't sure what to do about it. We saw the mother bird come occasionally to feed it and check on it. The next day, it was gone. Rhett looked it up and found out that it was a baby robin. He learned that the babies go off on their own for about a week and the mother watches over them. They learn how to fly and hunt and protect themselves while their mother keeps an eye on them. Then they are ready to go out into the world on their own. When Rhett told me about it, we both got a little teary-eyed at the symbolism. Haha. 

Before baby June was born, the girls begged and begged for a pet. We talked about it a lot--how it was a lot of work and we needed to have our baby first, then we could re-evaluate our position for pet-keeping. Then we had the idea that we could pet sit. So Summer came up with this list of all the animals we could pet sit over the summer.
New pet ideas babysitting dogs, parrots, birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, sheep dog, black dog, macaw, blue bird, hedge hog, lizard, snakes, turtle, monkey, fish, alligator, rabbit.


This was when we got the soil for our garden beds. They delivered and dumped it right on our driveway. The girls thought it was awesome! They played in it all day, while Rhett shoveled and wheelbarrowed it to the back. I wasn't much help because I was so pregnant. And poor Rhett--this was like a few days after he broke two ribs, so shoveling was painful for him--and probably not great for his ribs. But we had to get it in the beds.

That night, since Rhett had worked so hard, I booked the Coeur d'Alene cruise and dinner for us. It was a nice relaxing evening and fun get-away for us.


Claire doing a look and find book.

Pyper riding on her tricycle.

The girls love rolling golf balls down the driveway "hill." But it's scary that the balls roll out into the road. So I had the idea to block the balls at the end--and then I thought, maybe we could do a maze type course. So we got our leftover cedar wood from the garden beds and made these.

This was Summer's design.

All of the the girls minus Pippy.

3 comments:

auntanne said...

THANK YOU

Katelyn Wray said...

Looks like some fun times!

Blatter said...

Basil's hiding place was hilarious!