Friday, December 23, 2011

Three Girls and a Guy

Pyper
Often times, I carry Pyper around in my wrap. She bundles up quite well in it, and she really likes it. This time, her little hand escaped. Every time I lifted my arm, her hand would brush me. I loved it.
Pyper had a bit of baby acne, as well as a rash on her face. We tried changing our laundry soap and other things, but not much helped. (This picture is on a good day.)With time, her face is looking better. Babies (and children) are such angels when they are sleeping. There are many times when we will peek in on the girls, just to enjoy the peaceful beauty of them. So precious! (This picture was taken this morning.)

Claire
Claire is becoming so funny these days. Yesterday while we were driving, Summer saw a large Christmas tree with lights. She said, "And there's a bird on top!" Claire responded, "No, Tummer--(she's progressed from "Nummer" to "Tummer" now)--No, Tummer, I don't sink so." Her voice inflection with that statement was hilarious. Summer responded, "Yes it is Claire. It's a bird on top." Claire said again, "No, Tummer. I don't sink so. No bird." They argued about it for about ten minutes. It was so funny to listen to.


This is what we see every single night. We'll be up watching a movie, working on stuff, or just talking, and we'll hear this huge thump. Sometimes, she inches her way across the room, other times she just hangs out there. We don't know how it happens, (and how she doesn't wake up!), but she sleeps through the night. So we're not complaining!Sometimes when Claire talks, she scrunches her nose up. I'll ask her a question and she'll respond with crinkled nose, "'Cause." It's like she's really thinking about it too. So cute.

Love my blue eyed girl!

Summer
Summer is impressing us every day. She's really enjoying drawing, writing, and "typing letters." Occasionally, I'll open a word document and let her practice typing her letters. She knows quite a few--S, U, M, R, T, D, P, O, L, A, X, and C. She enjoys practicing her letters. Here is a picture of her writing her name. You can see her S's, her M's, and her U's. Pretty good, eh? (And love the guy at the bottom!)
I found these Care Bear workbooks at the dollar store that had good activities for the girls to do. I was going to save them for when the girls got old and could actually do them, but Summer wanted to try them out. Here's the maze she did. I explained how to do it, and this is what she did. I was impressed!
The other day, she drew this: Nemo with lip gloss. This one's a keeper!
And here is a picture of her coloring and scissors skills. This was in one of the Sesame Street workbooks. It's a pirate hat for Elmo. After she had colored it and cut it out (with her scissors), she said she wanted to send it to Elmo. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to satisfy her insistence!

What a clan!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown up Summer and Claire look now that Pyper's around. And I love the new look of your blog.

Mark said...

What a lucky guy - to have three precious girls!

Andres said...

Haha, how can she keep sleeping like that?

Jenny said...

I love that close up of Claire, what an angel!