Thursday, September 2, 2010

Answered Prayers

A few nights ago, we were saying prayers, and I was helping Summer. I was helping her say, "Please help us to sleep good," and this is how it went:

I said "Please," she said "please"
Me "help," her "help"
Me "us," her "us,"
And then she hurried and cut me off and said, "to have candy."

I stopped. I heard Rhett stifle a laugh, and I tried not laughing too. When I was finally under control, we hurried and finished, and then laughed so hard afterward.

We got this in the mail today from Grandma and Grandpa Kartchner:

Boy were the girls excited!

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

6 comments:

Jillyn said...

What a cute idea to have Summer thank her Grandpa and Grandpa on the blog! So cute. I love the death grip Claire has on her fishies. So cute. Miss you and love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest prayer I have ever heard! I love it. The picture of Claire with the m&ms in her mouth is adorable too. (And I liked the one from the last post with the two of them in the fridge together too.) Love you!

Mark said...

These are choice times. Remember them, because before you know it they'll be teenagers.

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh my gosh, that is too funny!! :)

Lance and Darcie and Auzzy said...

Love Grandma's and Grandpa's! They are great! Miss you guys! We need to come visit.

Emily said...

Well obviously Summer's prayer worked--ask and ye shall receive, right?